Do you have a fear of skiing or snowboarding? Are you scared being strapped to a board and not knowing how to turn, or even stop?
Here are a few options to get over your fear of skiing or snowboarding:
- Go to a resort and watch;
- Parking is free (from resorts I’ve been to). Get out of your vehicle and watch from either outside or grab a meal or a hot drink and sit inside. Resorts will always have a sitting viewing area base of the hill. Just sit and watch how others perform.
- Talk to the employees;
- People working at ski resorts are most likely to play on the hill themselves so they would have first hand experiences.
- Talk to the people skiing or snowboarding;
- We’re all excited there is snow and more excited to play on a ski hill. So I’m sure if you talked to others, they’ll be glad to share.
- When ever we are on the lift, we always spark up a conversation with strangers. We are just happy! 🙂
- Every resort offers lessons for skiing and snowboarding for anyone at any age. I would highly recommend lessons. You are getting first hand experience and you are with a group of people who can relate. You just might make snow friends. Because playing on the hill is better with friends. Which brings me to my next section…
Ski or snowboard lessons will offer you first hand experiences in:
- Getting on & off the chair lift. This is important because you don’t want to fall or injure yourself. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people, including children, not properly exiting a lift and everyone collides.
- How to properly turn down the hill while looking for obstacles or people. I’m always looking over my shoulder looking for skiers coming down. And you don’t want to kiss a tree.
- The most important – STOPPING! You can hurt yourself or someone else drastically if you can’t stop properly or quickly. If you are skiing down a hill and fall on your bum just to stop, this can be scary. There are a few different ways to stop properly, so please – STOP AND TAKE LESSONS.
If you’re still undecided, I can say skiing made our winter months fly by. Time flies by when your having FUN!
Happy adventuring! #getoutside ♥