If you are hiking along rugged terrain or just a meander walk in the forest, hiking poles, also called trekking poles, have many advantages.
Advantages of hiking/trekking poles:
- Reduce the impact on your knees
- Better circulation as your hands will be above your heart
- Better stability
If you live in Ontario, Canada and hiked the Bruce Trail, you’ll understand the rugged terrain it has. We always use our hiking poles along this trail as it gives us balance and stability.
Our hiking/trekking poles include these features:
- Adjust to many different heights
- Collapse to easily fit in a backpack or car
- Include spring tension for absorption
- Include 4 different types of feet for different terrain ie) dirt, mud, pavement, ice
- Top and bottom adjust separately both at 100 – 135 cm’s or 40 – 54 inches each
- Carbon material make these very light
- Comfortable grips
- Straps for your wrists – handy feature so you can dangle them on your wrist or arm instead laying them down or against a tree
We bought ours at Costco but you can find them at any outdoors store.
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog and follow our experiences.
Happy adventuring! #getoutside #getoutdoors ♥